Saturday, February 14, 2015

New Dove Quench Line

Thanks to the Naturally Curly review program, I got to test out 4 new, full size products (for free!) by Dove which include; Quench Absolute Shampoo, Quench Absolute Conditioner, Quench Absolute Intensive Restoration Mask, and Quench Absolute Supreme Creme Serum. This line is specially formulated for curly hair and is made to infuse moisture into our naturally dry curls. You can also check out the line on Dove's website, here.



I have 3a/3b, low-normal porosity,fine, waist length(stretched) curls and below is my experience with these products.


  • Quench Absolute Shampoo
This smells great, nice and light, not too overwhelming, and it’s very easy to use. The bottle design makes it easy to get the shampoo out. This is very smooth and creamy and it has a rich lather that i really like and it gets rid of buildup on scalp and hair easily and gentle enough. It left my hair feeling a tiny bit stripped but still a little moisturized, it didn't strip my hair nearly as much as other shampoos with sulfates but it gets your hair very clean which makes it a great clarifying shampoo, if that’s what you’re looking for. You can tell it infuses some moisture into your curls.


  • Quench Absolute Conditioner
This smells great and it has a very smooth, creamy consistency.It's easy and convenient to squeeze it out of the tube/bottle. It applies easily, coating my hair without being too heavy and it’s very soothing on my scalp despite the somewhat strong fragrance. It made my hair easy to de-tangle and manage but didn't make it noticeably softer.It did do a better job at softening than the mask and it seemed to be more nourishing. I feel like this did actually “nourish” and “quench” my curls and I love how the scent lingers for days. It's not a great conditioner but it is decent.


  • Quench Absolute Intensive Restoration Mask
This also smells wonderful and it’s easy to get it out of the round tub and apply yo wet hair. This is nice and rich but not too thick. It seems a little heavy but not too heavy, It’s very smooth, too. It didn't really seem to make my hair softer but it definitely seemed to add more moisture to my curls. I think this may have helped to reduce my drying time and it leaves my hair nice and shiny but with a weird, somewhat rough feeling when I run my fingers through it after I rinse it out, but that feeling goes away. It is a mask, not a deep conditioner, and you can tell the difference. I can tell it coats my hair more than it penetrates and nourishes and with that said, it's a great mask.


  • Quench Absolute Supreme Creme Serum
I absolutely love this serum. It’s easy to pump out of the bottle and it smells wonderful, light and soothing. It has a great creamy/slimy/sticky consistency that I really like and it applies soo smoothly onto my hair. It adds so much shine, moisture and silkiness and it’s very lightweight on my thin, 3b hair. It definitely reduces frizz and adds a nice fluff and volume to my hair that I love. It’s great on damp hair under other styling products. I have fine hair and I really don’t mind silicones and the silicone in this serum caused no problems. I actually had less buildup than usual, but silicones aren't for everyone, but my curls love this serum.


This is my experience with these products, your experience may vary,

No comments:

Post a Comment